Saturday, July 18, 2009

trees on a hill


ah yes, I have now become one of those countless artists that paints trees on a hill.

(seriously type it into any image search engine. You'll get a bajillion paintings.)


I wanted to paint a wheat field before they were all harvested, and kept driving by yellow fields with purple clouds and thinking "man. I HAVE to paint that." I also wanted to paint it digitally, cuz I'm trying to get better at digital painting before third year hits us. I soon discovered two things:

1. My laptop lasts about 30 minutes when it is unplugged.

2. There are no wheat fields within extention cord reach.


dammit.

So instead I settled for painting these trees by sitting outside the milking parlour with an extension cord..


I toned down the colours a bit, they were mad. When you paint out in the sun with the laptop being backlit things get crazy...

1 comment:

  1. This is really nice! I especailly like the clouds, the texture and the spacing of them :]

    ReplyDelete